Plastic surgery risks and benefits. Plastic surgery is a word used to essentially describe various aesthetic surgery procedures which are performed in order to either correct previous plastic surgery performed, or to enhance a patient’s perceived unfavourable aspects of their appearance?
As such the patients undergo an invasive procedure purely to achieve a more pleasing look. This does require on the part of the surgeon high level of expertise and experience in this area. By this, we mean, that the surgeon carries out these type of procedure on a regular basis.
Cosmetic surgery risks
When considering your procedure it’s fair to say although there are some very highly trained plastic surgeons often only have experience in the area of reconstructive surgery. So basically there are horses- for- courses. A great deal of judgement is needed to understand the specifics of, for example- facelift surgery. Undoubtedly cosmetic surgery produces positive benefits to those who are unhappy with their external signs of ageing, which inexorably creep up on all of us.
Although Plastic surgery can indeed bring about a new more confident attitude, in both social interaction as well as the workplace. However, it cannot make someone who is basically unhappy in themselves-suddenly- happy.
In many cases, people who undergo go cosmetic surgery have unrealistic expectations and are unaware or oblivious of the limited improvements which can be achieved. These people are often described as “narcissist” and will never be satisfied with their results. For example, The surgeon smoothed out say 80% of the patients facial lines-they will complain about the other 20% remaining.
However ultimately with any form of cosmetic surgery, there are inherent (albeit minimal) risk involved.
Even with the most experienced of surgeons complications can arise, and no responsible surgeon can offer cast-iron guarantees to the end result. So remember plastic surgery risks do exist.
It’s not unknown for people who have undergone a cosmetic procedure to feel unhappy with the result
Work to improve those with some form of real deformity are plainly fully understandable. Whereas cosmetic surgery falls into the category of what is seen by some, as pure vanity. But at the end of the day…. after all, it’s your face and your body. Therefore it’s an individual decision. If you decide it’s time to go down this road then do your homework to ensure you have done everything possible to feel you are in the safest and best hands.
However ultimately with any form of cosmetic surgery, there are inherent (albeit minimal) risk involved. Even with the most experienced of surgeons complications can arise, and no responsible surgeon can offer cast-iron guarantees to the end result. So remember plastic surgery risks do exist.
In conclusion, be safe, be careful and we wish you a successful outcome. If you have any questions, please contact us.