Vaser liposuction (ultrasonic) is today undoubtedly amongst the most popular surgical procedures used in the field of aesthetic surgery.
It is, in part, due to the fact it’s a relatively simple procedure (minimal downtime) with a very good postoperative outcome. Nevertheless, a great deal still depends on the experience and skills of the plastic surgeon. There are several different types of liposuction.
These unique benefits makes it today amongst he most popular methods of liposuction used all around the world.
- Highly effective liposuction minimally invasive
- It can remove fat from more than one area at once. This was the only drawback with tumescent liposuction it can only deal with one area at a time. Not practical if you travelling to another country where you want it all fixed one go.
- Immediate result
- Significantly shorter recovery time
- It can is performed under local for small areas on a younger patient, or usually a general anaesthetic. Many clinics claim otherwise but we are told NO!
These unique benefits make it today the most popular methods of liposuction used all around the world.
Vaser Liposuction. Every liposuction technique has its advantages, but also in certain cases some shortcomings.
Liposuction cannot cure obesity but can help patients who possess an accumulation of fat cells to specific sites in the body. It’s definitely not a method for those who expect to lose weight. However, the procedure is very effective in the removal of fat cells in localised problem areas. Generally, these are abdomen, buttocks, thighs, hips, as well as the knees or arms.
Liposuction is a surgical technique that removes excess fat from the subcutaneous tissue reserves. The disturbed /surplus tissue is sucked out through a small cannula (diameter 3-5 mm) which is connected to a vacuum device. Subcutaneous fat is drawn out of via miniscule tunnels created by the cannula.
Vaser Liposuction at the Europa’s clinic
Vaser liposuction or ultrasonic is a recent addition to what’s on offer in the way of liposuction. Without over exaggerating results are absolutely phenomenal and we are generally very conservative when it comes to making claims, Instead, we usually tend to understate new introductions the market as most turn out to be mere fads.
Currently one of the most sought after liposuction interventions in the field of plastic and aesthetic surgery. As such our clinic was persuaded to introduce it to our clients. This method has proven itself and firmly established and recognised in the field of plastic/cosmetic surgery. It can be used to remove unwanted fat from multi areas in one procedure in a gentle and minimally invasive method – it sucks away fat from multi areas of the body- without any pain, and minimal swelling and or bruising!
- It is the least invasive form of liposuction on the market using modern ultrasonic technology for a safe, friendly and for perfect body contouring. Compared to traditional liposuction VASER Liposuction acts selectively on unwanted fat cells with nerve endings and blood vessels remaining intact. The result is minimal pain during the procedure, minimal bruising and almost immediate resumption of normal activities. Great advantages are-no damage to the collagen fibres. It can be performed in either general or for small areas(not multi)a local anaesthetic.
VASER Liposuction is ideal for anyone who wants to get rid of excess fat quickly, gently, and with maximum effect and who wants to sculpt their body into improved curves. The Ultrasonic Vaser Liposuction
VASER is the latest technology.
Here below are a selection of Joanna’s pre & post-op images.
Left and right before and after (yes they are the same person!) in her black costume are the pre-op images.
Preparing for Liposuction:
Liposuction can improve body image and self-esteem, however, is not a miraculous method to solve personal problem and does not guarantee the patients will enjoy more popular
Those interested in surgical liposuction should meet several important criteria. Weight level under control. Fat areas must be loose -puppy type fat, (deep-rooted hard fat is difficult to remove) good skin elasticity, good health, and stable mental composure. Liposuction can improve body image and self-esteem, however, is not a miraculous method to solve a personal problem and does not guarantee the patients will enjoy more popularity. What it may help achieve is increased self-confidence as a result of the improved physical appearance. In aesthetic surgery a thorough consultation with your surgeon is vital. During that time you can discuss the various options open to you and fully understand the likely results of your procedure.
Liposuction operations do not require any special preparation, although three weeks prior to surgery, patients should not take any medications which interfere with blood clotting or bleeding. From midnight before surgery do not eat, drink or smoke. The operation does require the patient to be in good health. In the case of inflammatory skin diseases, the onset of acne, eczema, skin fungus etc. then the procedure should be postponed.
A quick review of liposuction techniques Invasive methods (such as tumescent liposuction) versus what you might be offered when using a local beauty salon:
1) Using a medically trained professional
- The procedure is always done by a doctor
- Breaches of the skin – a small incision necessary for the introduction of liposuction cannulas
- Certain damage level bruised subcutaneous tissue, this is after all an operation
- Although a painless procedure, there can be some pain later
- Possibility of minor scars
- Local or general anesthesia
- Stay at the clinic 2.5 hours (local anaesthetic), stay one day (surgery under general anesthetic)
- Need for one post op visit to the clinic checks as necessary
- About 4-week recovery period with the necessity of wearing a compression garment
2) Non-invasive methods (such as “liposuction third generation”)
- Treatments performed by a beautician or otherwise trained staff
- The procedure can not be considered “surgery”
- Without violating the integrity of the skin, it is merely a glorified massage.
- No damage to subcutaneous tissue, without contusions and bruises
- No pain during treatment and after
- Without scars
- Without anesthetic
- Need a minimum of at least 5 treatments to have any effect
- Without any recovery period or the need to wear a support corset.
- Outcome uncertain, perhaps small improvement.
- Low cost, but over 5 visits not so inexpensive.
Liposuction surgery operation:
There are several different types of liposuction. However fundamentally they all operate on the same principle – the area is to be impregnated with a solution that fills and expands the space intended for the disruption of fat cells. Specific procedures will then differ in breaking down these cells. Classic liposuction (the one most frequently used) is a very simple technique in that the subcutaneous tissue is mechanically removed using a metal cannula. Ideal for removal of fat surpluses in almost all areas (outer and inner thighs, knees, abdomen, arms, chin, etc.). We place great emphasis on following basic sanitary-epidemiological rules. As is the case with any surgical intervention it is absolutely necessary to use a totally sterile operating room environment, thus preserving the basics of asepsis and antisepsis.
Liposuction surgery postoperative:
Immediately after the procedure the areas treated may appear swollen and bruised but quickly disappear. Patients are required to wear a very tight “Lycra” type support garment which helps to keep everything smooth and contoured.
For the first five days, we recommend rest and to take things easy. Thereafter the patient can gradually return to their normal routine. Final results are not fully evident until around the 6th to 7th week.
Complications of Liposuction:
Complications in liposuction are very rare. They can generally be surgical (e.g., swelling, infection, thrombosis, tissue accumulation of fluid under the skin in the extracted value) or specific to the intervention, such as unevenness, loose skin, discoloration.
It’s recommended one month prior to surgery to avoid the following: anything which acts to thin the blood these are known as salicylates which as well as in some painkiller tablets are also present in many fruits and some vegetables for example: Almonds, apples, apricots, berries (blackberries, boysenberries, gooseberries, raspberries, strawberries) cherries, cucumbers (pickles), currants, grapes (any product made from grapes – wine, wine vinegar, jellies, raisins etc. including: NECTARINES, & ORANGES). Also excluded are: PEACHES, PLUMS, PRUNES, TOMATOES and all tomato products. ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL WHATSOEVER. (Grapefruits, lemons, and limes are permitted).
The following should not be taken 2 weeks prior to and after surgery: Effamol G, Evening Primrose Oil, Wheatgerm with vitamin E, Salmon oil capsules, Cod liver oil capsules, Multi-vitamins with E. No Homeopathic naturopathic preparations including Ginseng, Imedeen, Redwine-Garlic Ginseng.No anti-inflammatory drugs eg. Medications for the treatment of swelling, bruising, pains etc including:- Indocid, Surgam, Brufen, Voltarol, Froben, Cilnoril, Neurofen, Tandril and particularly aspirin.j
Case study- Libby Babbage (europa M.D)
Case study- Anife
You may wonder how an apparently fit and lithesome dancer such as Anife felt the need to undergo tumescent liposuction procedure in Prague. As a dancer, Anife has always been very disciplined and naturally followed a rigorous daily exercise regime to keep herself in shape. The turning point and catalyst for her decision to have the treatment was following the birth of her first child.
Despite the wonderful pleasures of being a mum, the downside was the sight of something she had never had before – a “podgy tummy” and big hips! Because she was not ready to give up her dancing career she decided to do something about it.
*disclaimer results might differ from person to person.